Since Green Deen South Africa started in 2013, there has been an annual #GreenDeen call-out for the first week of September (Arbour week). The theme in 2013 was on “Islam and the Environment”, while last year, 2014, was focused on the “War on Waste” call-out. The idea behind it is for individuals (parents, teachers, students, scholars, ulema) and organisations (schools, madressahs, masaajid, businesses, media and ulema organisations) to get thinking, take up the call and involved in their own capacity. We have provided the ideas and basic information, but we trust that you are the most capable change makers in what every you do and where ever you are based! May Allah SWT guide all our efforts and reward us abundantly on this Earth and in the Hereafter, Aameen.
The last month of the lunar Islamic calendar, Dhu-Al-Hijja, and the Festival of the Sacrifice, Eid-ul-Adha, is almost upon us. This year, Green Deen Week (Monday 31st August to Sunday 6th September) is focusing on #TheQurbaniConnection. So…get reading and get connecting!
- The Qurbani Connection (main article)
- Green Week 2015 call-out: #TheQurbaniConnection (this article)
- Qurbani Recommendations: Humane Treatment of Animals
- The Terminology and History of the Sacrifice
- The Qurbani Connection toolbox for teachers, parents, students and dynamic individuals
- The Qurbani Connection Anecdotes